Bad habits will save sports sections and groups
It is in the school, according to many parents, teenagers learn bad habits, make friends with the “bad old classmates”, they adopt bad behavior. Of course, to blame only the school all the consequences of teenage crisis wrong, but the vigilance of parents during the school year, not worth it to lose.
According to the results of sociological researches of experts of the Surgut branch of the “Center of medical prevention” in educational institutions Surgut on “bad habits” revealed that the majority of pupils know the consequences of bad habits. And to try to drink or smoke, as it turned out, makes them simple curiosity or “stress”.
More than 50% of a thousand of students surveyed admitted that their stay is of a passive nature. They sit at home and do nothing. These children can be attributed to the risk group – from idleness may want to try tobacco or alcohol
About addiction and statistics sociological research told the head of the Surgut branch of BOO, “the Center of medical prevention” Vladimir Pidzamche .
– Vladimir Bogdanovich, in any order, a sociological survey of adolescents and how contingent of schoolchildren involved in your project?
– A sociological study entitled “the Prevalence of Smoking, alcohol and narcotic active substances” is held annually. In 2015 in our survey involved 1450 respondents from 29 educational institutions Surgut. Are pupils of 8-11 classes, youth who due to their nature and maturing met with addictions – alcohol, Smoking and drugs.
According to the results of our poll we get an answer on the issues that worry as a pedagogical community and parents – than the lives of our young generation, as far as addictions inherent in their lives. A survey of schoolchildren purely anonymous, believe that the questions you guys answered boldly and openly.
50 to 50: Hobbies and sport against bad habits
– What lives our young generation and how they described their leisure time?
– According to our research, 48 percent of students surveyed said that their free time they spend with health benefits. 30 of them are addicted to a favorite hobby – sports, Hiking, arts and crafts, and 18 percent prefer to read books. The rest, more than half of the children surveyed – 52 percent admitted that their stay is of a passive nature, i.e. without any practice. “Leisure” these guys can be classified as “risk”. These adolescents stated that in their free time they watch TV, play on the computer, I prefer the virtual world of the popular social networks or sit at home and do nothing at all.
These figures should be a warning to parents. If your child does not do anything that is not written in any circle and lead a passive lifestyle, then it is in the “risk zone”. Usually, such adolescents due to boredom and idleness can quickly become addicted to bad habits.
– What pleased or, on the contrary, disappointed by the results of sociological research?
– This year we were pleased with data on Smoking. Compared to 2014, the number of in-school adolescents who smoke decreased from 17 to 15 percent. By the way, the main reasons of sample cigarettes to youth, and as in past years, remain a mere curiosity (58 percent) and information confusion – “helps to relieve stress” (28%), “was involved, can’t quit” (29 percent). There were two age period the mass of the sample initiating tobacco use: 11-12 years (24%) and 15-16 years (20 percent). By the way, among those who had attempted to smoke gave up bad habits 72 per cent, 39 per cent were scared of serious diseases, 27 percent felt that after cigarettes have unpleasant smell and taste in the mouth, the rest of the respondents (26 per cent) parents forbade.
As regards data on the use of drugs, the results of the poll, nine percent of students noted that they had tried drugs and toxic substances. The age of the first test in most cases – 17 years (4 percent). Main reasons – curiosity (74 per cent) and friends (15 percent) who have been rude to refuse.
The main factor, because of which the respondents cannot quit addiction, a relationship with a group of guys who use drugs, unfortunately, they can’t break up friendships.
– And how Affairs in the use of alcoholic beverages?
– We note that 64% of student respondents to the question “did you know that alcohol is harmful for health” responded positively. But 18 percent of the surveyed children stated that all depends on the amount of alcohol consumed, only large doses is bad for your health, they say.
The most popular alcoholic drinks of the guys are wine, champagne and beer. 50 percent of boys first try alcohol at family celebrations. There are families where alcohol do not drink – about 11 percent. In some families, alcohol is traditionally on weekends and weekdays. That is, the ideas about alcohol in children develops long before the first test, the example of their parents. Unfortunately, growing up, the boys begin to follow the habits of loved ones.
By the way, the majority of respondents learned about the dangers of alcohol as a result of conversations with adults, in schools and on the Internet.
Hobbies are healthy
– If briefly summarize the results of sociological research, we can say that “all is not lost”?
I think so. To say that we are spoiled by civilization and the contemporary youth, it is hardly correct. On the contrary, modern technology – the Internet and TV to some extent provide our youth useful preventive information, promoting a healthy lifestyle. The younger generation, which has unrestricted access to the Internet and information space, is well aware and understands that his health may occur if you start using cigarettes, alcohol or drugs. On the one hand, the openness and accessibility of information gives us the ability to warn our children from the effects of addiction. On the other hand, new technologies, virtual games can harm the psychological health of a growing organism, encourage your child to “go in”, hit the desire to lead an active lifestyle. All very controversial, but nevertheless classes Teens sports, work or school, you will agree, much better and healthier than simply “idling” of the house. In adolescence children better to write in different sections or mugs, that they were enthusiastic and they had less time on silly things.